Atypon ReX, short for Research Exchange, is an intelligent new journal article submission system that makes editorial operations more efficient and authors happier. It’s the result of completely rethinking the traditional publication submission workflow — and optimizing it for the benefit of authors and publishers.
A typical Atypon ReX article submission takes 15-20 minutes, compared with hours on a traditional submission system.
How it Works
Atypon ReX connects to a publisher’s existing manuscript tracking system (e.g. ScholarOne Manuscripts) to replace and improve their authors’ submission and revision experience. The system:
- looks and feels like your publisher’s website for a seamless author experience
- uses machine learning algorithms to automatically extract key submission information from manuscript files
- allows authors to add information by simply confirming what is in their manuscript — no more rekeying or copying and pasting
- automatically extracts metadata, which improves submission quality and reduces the need for manual editorial checks
- automatically exports manuscripts to the publisher’s manuscript tracking system so that editorial and peer review workflows stay the same
Atypon ReX Near-Future Roadmap
- paper screening and triage tools to help you more efficiently assess submission quality and suitability
- automated assessment tools that give authors feedback on the quality and suitability of their paper before submission
- simultaneous optional submission to TechRxiv